Email: Setting up Outlook Express
- Login: <Login provided for you>
- Password: <Password you were given or requested>
- POP (Incoming): pop.YOURDOMAINNAME.COM (i.e. pop.lenashore.com or pop.lenashore.net)
- SMTP (Outgoing): smtp.YOURDOMAINNAME.COM (i.e. smtp.lenashore.com or smtp.lenashore.net)
- SMTP login information: You may need this if your ISP (bellsouth, comcast, etc requires you to use “SPA” (Log on using Secure Password Authentication). It will be your login and password that bellsouth/comcast, etc gave you. Not the one associated with your domain.
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook Express to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook Express 6, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook Express. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook Express by using the settings in this tutorial.
- In Microsoft Outlook Express, select Tools > Accounts.
- Select the “Mail” tab in the Internet Accounts window and click “Add.”
- Enter you full name and click Next.
- Enter your e-mail address and click Next.
- On the E-mail Server Names window, enter your information as follows and click “next”.
- Incoming Mail Server: pop.YOURDOMAINNAME.com
- Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: smtp.YOURDOMAINAME.com.
- Enter your e-mail address for your account name and enter your password. Click Next. (NOTE: Some ISPs like comcast and bellsouth can require you to check the “Log on using Secure Password Authentication”. If you are having problems sending, try this option. The login and/or password required will be the one provided by your ISP (i.e. Comcast or bellsouth, etc).
- Click Finish.
If you’d like to test your email, you can test it by sending yourself an email.
NOTE: I have been getting reports of users not being able to send email to themselves. I have read that Outlook won’t show an email you sent to yourself. I have tested this with Outlook Express 6 and I can get my own mail. But, if you aren’t, you may want to try to use another email account (gmail, yahoo, etc. for testing)
If you get a sending error, check your smtp information (outgoing mail). If you get a message saying it can’t receive mail, or your login or password is wrong check your pop information, your login, and your password. Remember, your password is case sensitive.
If you are one of my web host customers and are still having problems, please contact me so we can troubleshoot your problem and get you up and running!
For this business advise try this tool-.dbx extract,as far as i know it is free,utility can repair mailboxes in Outlook Express format and extract emails, when it is possible,repair messages from all folders and extract .dbx files, even from Deleted Items,moves to the preview mode, where our customers can take a look at the emails, that will be retrieved during the next stage,works with all Windows operating systems, starting from Windows 98 to Windows Vista (Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2003).
There is good tool which works with Outlook Express files,also it has many possibilities-opening dbx,as far as i know it is free,tool restore mails,attached files,fix other mail files,program is compatible with Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows Vista, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows XP, Windows XP SP2 and any version of Outlook Express, installed on your PC,recovery represents the analysis of separate dbx files, because Outlook Express splits your mailbox into several files.
Quick set is doing this tool-outlook express troubleshoot better than others,because it helped me and friends many times,also as is known it is free,program can safely open the file of dbx format and extract messages, if Outlook Express 6 troubleshooting is possible,program provides a chance for successful recovery of your mailbox, do not lose it,supports all versions of Outlook Express, so, you will not have compatibility issues, when troubleshooting Outlook Express,can respond to all requests with regard to this program, feel free to ask questions, if any,can estimate its friendly interface and make sure, that it is exactly what is needed.