Business-Grade Web Hosting
MPS (Managed Private Server) Hosting:
I recommend all businesses use MPS hosting. It's what I use for myself and it is a correct choice when you care if your online business presence is up 99% of the time. Read a quick article explaining MPS/VPS, Shared, and Private servers so you can understand the difference.
- $45 a month - Bills quarterly (January, April, July, October) or yearly unless you have another request.
- Solid State Drives (SSD). This is like flash memory. No moving parts makes your website load fast.
- 99% guaranteed uptime. My servers are professional high grade and in a special facility just for this purpose — not in my basement (you might be surprised). I have my own highly trained support team if encounter problems.
- Server type: Managed Private Server (MPS), FreeBSD/Unix, Apache. These are my servers and my clients only. I know everyone on the server unlike a shared server environment. This means less potential issues compared to a shared server environment. Servers are located in Virginia and California.
- RAID System: If the server happens to fail there is a duplicate server waiting to take over.
- Green Data Centers: Because I am committed to reducing carbon footprint.
- Change allowance: Includes small change allowance per month up to $35.00. If you find a mistake on your site or need to change your phone number, (or anything similar) just ask and I’ll take care of it for you at no additional cost. Change allowance is good for one change up to $35.00 and can be applied towards larger changes. Balance does not carry over from month-to-month.
- No cap on traffic.
- 100MB, 50GB bandwidth, CGI and php capability.
- Nightly backups of your website and databases in addition to weekly and monthly backups. Weekly backups are also downloaded locally.
- Security: I include both firewall and regular monitoring at no extra cost to you.
- WordPress Security: 24/7 monitor of your website to protect against hackers/spammers. Any suspicious activity is reported to me and I take care of it.
- WordPress Updates: Updates of your core files and plugin files happen on a bi-weekly basis. This ensures your website is up-to-date and not vulnerable to exploits due to outdated software/plugins.
- Hosting pricing will not be part of your total for web development. If you choose to host with me, hosting fees will start after development when the site is live.
- Web Design & Development Discount: If I am designing your website and you choose to host with me, you will get a $100 discount on your web development costs.
Email and business tools setup (Optional):
- Cost is $5 per email account, per month (or $50 per year) through G-Suite (Google Business Apps). This is not a @gmail.com account. This is an @yourdomain.com account - meaning it will have your domain name in the email.
- Includes mail box, web mail, forwarding, auto-reply/vacation responders, filters, customizable spam filtering and virus protection.
- Email with Google-powered search, 25GB of storage, offline support, custom email addresses, and much more.
- Calendar: Easily schedule meetings at times that work for everyone, get meeting reminders, and share calendars.
- Google Drive allows you to store your files in the cloud, share them, and have access to them from anywhere.
- Create, share and work on documents with your whole team in real-time.
- Manage spreadsheet data faster with click-to-edit charts and discussion style comments.
- Create presentations together, embed videos, and never press save again.
- Learn more here.
Domain Name Registration (Optional):
Purchasing your domain name through me includes my personal management of your domain by:
- Registering your domain for you with your contact information so you own your domain name and have full rights to it.
- Notification to you directly when your domain is close to expiration. NOTE: If I am handling your domain name and you get any notifications via mail or email NOT from me about your domain name (Domain Registry of America, etc.) they are most likely scammers trying to trick you into giving up your domain to them. You can read more about this here if you are interested.
- Updating the ICANN registration each year as required by law.
- Adding code to your domain in the DNS to help prevent spammers from using your domain to send spam.
- Ensure your domain stays secure/locked to prevent theft by 3rd parties.
- Adjusting your domain's DNS, MX Records, A Records, etc. to ensure it is working as expected.
Here are the prices for .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .us.
- $35.00 – 1 year (per year)
- $30.00 – 2 years (per year)
- $25.00 – 3 years (per year)
- $20.00 – 5 years (per year)
- $15.00 – 10 years (per year)