Because I work to make sure that clients get the most out of their solutions and reach their full potential online, I provide a 30-day website warranty and maintenance policy for the solutions I build and host. I want the people I work with to succeed and be happy with their solutions and the service they receive.
What does the website warranty cover?
Specific website warranty details can vary with each solution and contract. Unless outlined differently in your contract, below is what you can expect for the capabilities and coverage for newly-built solutions.
If you need maintenance for an existing solution, click here to learn more about those services.
My website warranty covers code and graphics developed by me (Lena Shore). The warranty covers errors or omissions made by me for a period of up to and no further than thirty (30) days after the solution goes live. Any code altered by the customer and/or third party applications used in the construction or alteration of the website is outside the scope of our warranty. The accuracy of content either provided or approved by the customer to complete the website is the customer’s responsibility, and alterations requested of me by the customer are considered to be change requests.
Warranty includes and is limited to:
- Response to your request for support assistance within 24-business-hours, when properly submitted online, by phone, or by email.
- Assistance with any broken links that are reported to need fixing.
- Assistance with error messages and system loading problems reported by users.
- Assistance with problems experienced by users when attempting to play video and audio files or view and download images or documents.
- Assistance with viewing problems reported by users where your website is not displaying correctly in certain browser types defined in your contract (e.g. Internet Explorer and Firefox).
- Assistance with any queries or problems arising with the CMS database system or eCommerce program.
- Picture Updates – adding, editing, and sizing of any pictures adding to the existing website which does not fall under the scope of the layout or actual design of existing website.
- Text Updates – adding, editing, and/or removing any text or copy on the existing site, including any articles, reports, contact information, and product or service description.
- Functionality – ensuring all links/images are working correctly and examining the overall health and proper functionality of the website. Additional requests for Search/Filtering/Content/Design/Layout/Programming.
What if I am hosting with Lena Shore?
Hosting with me does get you a few more perks that will extend past the 30-day warranty, and last for as long as you are hosting with me.
- Server level security that includes both firewall and regular monitoring.
- Change Allowance – Your hosting fee includes a $35 change allowance every month. Just ask and I’ll take care of it for you at no additional cost, up to $35 a month. This does not rollover.
- Install patches, fixes, updates to operating system or server; install additional software packages to the operating system or server; install patches, fixes, or updates to additional software packages.
- Restoration of any online project that has been vandalized or hacked. Nightly backups of your website and databases in addition to weekly and monthly backups.
What’s excluded from our website warranty?
- Support for any problems or errors arising with, or caused by the hosting system unless I am hosting your solution.
- Support for any problems or errors arising with, or caused by customer error.
- Systems developed by agencies other than Lena Shore are not covered by the warranty.
- Any web development task requested that was not explicitly listed in the customer contract. This may include but is not limited to: graphic design, CSS changes, layout changes, moving or adding content, any new functionality, additional form fields and/or field validation, and problems caused by customer site administration.
- Redesign of site – the scope of this contract is limited to maintenance and does not allow for the complete or partial redesign of existing site. Developer can advise Customer on any requested work that falls within these bounds that may require a separate contract.
- Website Marketing – the scope of this contract does not include making any changes to existing Meta-tags, Alt-tags, Titles, Keywords, or Page Descriptions. These tasks fall under the scope of Search Engine Optimization or Website Marketing and require a different contract.
- Website Analysis – Analysis and reporting of website traffic, analysis of visitors, and breakdown of traffic sources. (Proper coding must be in place for this function to be requested and can be installed as an update under this agreement.)
- Communication with billing and/or accounting of your hosting and domain service, unless directly provided by Lena Shore.
- Responsibility for errors and omissions contained in website content provided by the customer.
Extended website maintenance
Beyond the initial warranty, I offer ongoing monthly maintenance services at a discounted hourly rate to keep our clients’ solution up to date.
Important info for Lena Shore clients
The information on this page applies to Lena Shore’s latest standard/general website warranty package. For any details about your site’s specific warranty and/or maintenance coverage, please refer to your service contract.
What if I just have a quick question and I’m outside the warranty?
- If you are hosting with me, I am always available to help. I should already be up-to-date on your current website’s situation.
- If I am not hosting your site, shoot me an email. I’ll do my best to answer you and give you direction.