Facebook Notification on your iPhone
January 19, 2010 / Updated: January 19, 2010 / Lena Shore
How do I get Facebook to notify me on my iPhone when I get a message?
- First, you’ll need to download and install the Facebook 3.1 application from the App Store if you don’t already have it. It’s free and does a really great job encompassing all the major features of the website.
- The first time you launch the program, you’ll be prompted to Allow push features. Do so.
- Go to “Settings”. Then go to Facebook / Push Notifications. From this screen you can tell it which items you want to be notified of.
- Now you’ll need to turn on Notifications. If you don’t have an application that utilizes this, it won’t show up in your Settings. So, make sure you do step one first to get this additional menu.
- Wait to be notified of new messages!