One of the nicer functionalities that Gmail has is the ability to create filters. They are easy to set up and can really help you get your email under control.
A few questions that can be answered with filters…
- How can I make sure that email from my mom never goes into the spam filter?
- I have a client that sends emails to all of their friends about subjects I don’t want to read. I can’t block them entirely. How can I just block those emails?
- My sister and I share the phone bill payment, but I get the bill. How can I have the statement get automatically emailed to her?
- Can I create an auto response to just certain people?
How to set up a filter
- Login to Gmail
- Go to your –> Mail Area then –> Settings (It’s under the gear icon on the right) and then –> Filters
- Click “Create a new filter”
I have a client that sends me emails to all of their friends about subjects I don’t want to read. I can’t block them entirely. How can I just block those emails?
Step 3: Click “Create Filter”
As soon as you see how easy it is to set up one of these, you’ll probably think of all kinds of ways you can use them.