How do I create a Facebook page for my business?
January 13, 2010 / Updated: January 13, 2010 / Lena Shore
How do I create a facebook page for my business? Also, I want friends, but don’t want all those comments showing up on my business page. What do I need to do?
You are confusing Facebook pages with Facebook’s Business Solutions pages a little bit.
Facebook pages are personal pages. You create your facebook page for yourself. You invite your friends and put in your personal information. Then you can upload photos, comment on other people’s posts and get involved.
Facebook’s Business Solutions pages are pages you create dedicated to your business, club, group, etc. after you have created a Facebook page. People become “fans” of those pages. The only comments that show up on those pages are the ones you posted yourself on that page.
How to create a Facebook page
- Go to facebook.com and complete their sign up form on the front page. Follow the instructions.
- Fill in your profile details.
- Find friends already on facebook you might want to connect with. Facebook’s documentation is pretty good here, so you can find the instructions for this as you sign up.
How to create a business page
- As of this writing, you can go to: http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/ to see pages you have created already, edit them, or create new ones. However, Facebook may change their navigation and you can always go to their help section and find “Business Solutions”.
- Click “Create page”
- Fill out the category and type your business name in the “Name of Page”.
- Click “Create”
- Now you can go fill in your business information, hours, etc.
- The rest of it is downhill since it’s very similar to what you did to create your personal Facebook page!
- Last step is to promote your page. Facebook really WANTS you to promote yourself and makes a lot of ways to get to the same area. Do one of the following.
- Click the “get more fans” button on the right
- Go to “edit page” to see “promote your page”
- Click the “suggest to friends” under the profile photo.
And finally, if you have a business website, you might want to promote your Facebook page with a link of some sort. Happy Facebooking!