Merge iCal Calendars
Over the years and with syncing my iCal calendars I have too many different calendars. I would like to simplify them. For instance, right now I have:
- Home Chores
How would I merge Work and Meetings and Home and Home Chores? So I have only these:
I know I can do it per item, but that seems like a lot of work. Is there a better way?
Yep. There IS an easier way. Here is how you do it. Let’s pretend we want to merge the calendars “Home” and “Home Events” into the same calendar.
- Back up your iCal in case something goes awry. File –> Export –> iCal Archive
- Choose (highlight/select) the the “Home” calendar.
- Now export the “Home” calendar to your desktop. File –> Export.
- Now delete that the “Home” calendar from your iCal. iCal –> Edit –> Delete (or right click the “Home” calendar and choose “delete”)
- Add back “Home” from your desktop. iCal –> File –> Import and chose the Home.ics file from your desktop. Click on “Import”.
- The “Add events” window will appear. Choose the “Home Events” as your destination calendar.
- Repeat for each calendar you need to merge.