Your Business Card is Crap!

October 14, 2009 / Updated: October 14, 2009 / Lena Shore

I hesitated posting this video because I didn’t want people thinking I was trying to sell them an expensive business card design. But, this guy really made me laugh. The only thing funnier were some of the video comments. I posted a couple of them below the video. Don’t forget to add your own two cents. I know. It’s hard to know where to start.

My next blog will have to be tips about designing business cards.

“You Sir don’t have a business card…You Sir – have a flyer.” – clutchone

“It took me 25 years to write this comment. This comment is almost as amazing as I am. This comment is pre-molded out electrons from the Sun. It doesnt matter who I direct to this comment they will be able to read it, even if all they have is a typewriter. No one will ever delete this comment because this comment is too awesome to be deleted it doesnt belong in the recycle bin.” – vagabondian

Posted in ,

1. jp on October 22, 2009 at 1:50 pm

ok, on the one hand, he has some good points: make a card that is unique, and that stands out.

on the other hand, he says it in a confrontational, abrasive douchebaggery way. His message is lost.

p.s. 1987 called. It wants it’s hair back.

• Lena on October 22, 2009 at 2:13 pm

“1987 called. It wants it’s hair back.”

LOL.

Yes. I’m with you. His card probably works really well for what he does. But, he has thrown “everyone else” into a big sack of shame… and he is so pompous about it. I can’t imagine that is good for his business. I want to contact his company for a few business cards just so I can set them on fire.

2. Mouse on October 22, 2009 at 11:51 am

I wanted to slap that jerk.

3. Michelle on October 22, 2009 at 9:46 am

So I am writing this without watching the vid – strange but true – I actually know who this guy is … he does a helluva job in person – and really challenges his audience to think about what it’s like to make an impression on the first meeting.

4. Chad on October 14, 2009 at 2:25 pm

He’s good at throwing keywords together WITH EMPHASIS.

5. Kroneg on October 14, 2009 at 10:55 am

Awww – it’s a pop-up card – how cute. Bonehead.

6. Richard Robertson on October 14, 2009 at 10:25 am

The guy is an ass … sigh …