Drop Box – Easy access to files for everyone!
I ran across DropBox a couple weeks back. My dad is using it for some of his projects and told me about it. It’s pretty cool and I bet you can find a use for it. Dropbox is software that syncs your files online and across your computers.
Put your files into your Dropbox on one computer, and they’ll be instantly available on any of your other computers that you’ve installed Dropbox on (Windows, Mac, and Linux too!) Because a copy of your files is stored on Dropbox’s secure servers, you can also access them from any computer or mobile device using the Dropbox website.
- One place for everything. Look at their tour.
- Works with Mac or Windows
- Access the same dropbox from any computer so everyone has access to the same files.
- Everything is automatically backed up
- Share files or keep them private. Or both!
- Restore deleted files
The basic version is FREE! You get 2 GB of space! This way you can try it out and see if you like it for no risk. If you need more space than that, you can also purchase their 50 GB or 100 GB plans for $9.99 and $19.99 respectively.
Ideas for using DropBox
- Keeping project files available to multiple people in your group instead of having multiple and slightly different copies of the same files.
- Sharing photos with friends and family
- Keeping passwords, address books, or other important files you might need
- Storing a sales presentation you need access to.
- Giving access to clients so they can upload files and photos in an easy way.
I’m sure there are many ways to use dropbox that I haven’t thought of yet and many more you will think of that I haven’t. After all, we all work differently.
I think it’s a really useful and neat application and hope you’ll try it out. I’m betting it will make your life a little easier.