How to Make a PDF of an Entire Website
You have a couple of ways to make a PDF from a website. Actually, there are more ways than that, but I will be outlining two.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro (not the free version) — Lots of professionals have this suite already and you won’t have to buy an extra software
- PDFmyURL — This is a paid service that has lots of features and might be perfect for your needs
If you have any of your own suggestions, please feel free to put them in the comments!
PDFmyURL contacted me about reviewing their product and gave me access so I could look around. And I must say that it is really easy to use and has some nice options. If you need to create PDFs of websites a lot, this is a good option.
The first thing you’ll do is go to their website at pdfmyurl.com. You can put in a URL of the page you want as a PDF and download one for free. They have lots of neat options you can choose from like page size, and adblocking. It does a really nice job of keeping your site looking the way it actually looks.
If you decide you’d like to pay for one of their plans you get some additional features like:
- Set options for page sizing, header & footer
- Save PDFs as separate pages and one single PDF.
- Remove their branding
- Watermark your PDFs
- Encrypt and protect your PDFs
- Convert HTML or URLs to PDF automatically with their HTML to PDF API
- Save an entire website to PDF at once in their members area or with their Batch API
One day you may need to print out an entire website or email it to someone to make notes. The old way was printing each page one by one and hoping you got all of the links. Yet, there is a better way if you use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
NOTE: This won’t work with the free Acrobat Reader. And Acrobat can’t make a PDF from a website that requires a login.
- First, fire up Adobe Acrobat and go to File –> Create –>PDF From Web Page. For older versions of Acrobat go to File –> Create PDF –> From Web Page.
- Then click, “Capture Multiple Levels,” and select, “Get entire site,” or choose the levels you want to grab. Example: Choosing 1 level will just get the top pages and no sub-pages.
- If you want, you can review the Settings area to print landscape and some other options. When you are ready, click, “Create”.